TUTTI FRUTTI KULFI
A healthy, non-dairy ice-cream. You can cut the calories ever further by using light coconut milk.
Prepare in : 20 mins
Cook in : 50 mins
- 1 tin 400g coconut milk
- 1/4 tsp cardamom seeds, crushed
- 2 tablespoons desiccated coconut, toasted
- 3 tablespoons runny honey
- 200g natural yoghurt, or dairy-free yoghurt
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Seeds of 1 pomegranate
- 70g pistachio nuts, toasted, roughly chopped, some left back for serving
- Rose and dianthus petals for serving, (optional)
Put all the ingredients into a bowl and mix well.
Pour the mixture into an ice-cream machine and churn for 20–25 minutes. When almost solid, spoon into 6 moulds (dariole containers are good for this) and freeze. If you don’t have a machine, pour the mixture into a plastic container and freeze for 1 hour. Remove and fork through, mixing the frozen edge into the middle to break up the ice crystals. Then spoon into moulds.
Before serving, allow the kulfis to soften in the fridge for 20 minutes.
Turn out onto individual plates, decorate with pistachio nuts and rose petals.
77-83 Chesterfield Road, Evington, Leicestershire, LE5 5LH0116 273 firstname.lastname@example.org
The words "PAK", "PAK FOODS" and our logos are a registered trademark of the PAK FOODS Group
Pak Foundation - Charity No: 1143601