SWEET & SOUR PRAWNS
Sweet and sour prawns are a traditional Chinese recipe. Forget the local takeaway, these are so quick and easy to make at home.
Prepare in : 15 mins
Cook in : 10 mins
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp cornflour mixed with 2 tbsp water
- 425g can pineapple pieces, drained, juice reserved
- 1 tbsp groundnut oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Knob of fresh ginger, finely grated
- 2 red chillies, deseeded, 1 finely diced and 1 sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 225g can water chestnuts, drained
- 200g large raw peeled prawns
- 4 spring onions, sliced lengthways, to serve
Mix the vinegar with the soy sauce, sugar, cornflour mix, pineapple juice and 100ml water.
Heat a wok over a high heat, then add the oil, garlic, ginger and diced chilli.
Stir-fry for 30 seconds, then add the pepper, pineapple and water chestnuts.
Cook for 2 minutes, add the sauce and cook for another 2 minutes.
Add the prawns, stirring for 2-3 minutes more until cooked. Serve sprinkled with spring onion and sliced chilli.
77-83 Chesterfield Road, Evington, Leicestershire, LE5 5LH0116 273 firstname.lastname@example.org
The words "PAK", "PAK FOODS" and our logos are a registered trademark of the PAK FOODS Group
Pak Foundation - Charity No: 1143601