Shan Daal Masala has the perfect blend of spices which help you prepare rich, spicy and creamy Lentil Curry for a light and healthy meal.
Prepare in : 30 mins
Cook in : 2 hours 30 mins
- Daal Mung (split mung) ¾ cup / 175g washed & soaked
- Daal Masoor (split orange pea) 3 tablespoons washed & soaked
- Onion 1 large / 125g sliced
- Garlic Paste 10 cloves coarsely chopped
- Tomato 1 small / 50g diced
- Green Chilies 6-8 small /medium whole
- Soya Leaves 1 teaspoon finely chopped
- Curry Leaves 10 leaves
- Oil / Ghee ¼ – ½ cup
- Shan Daal Masala Mix 1 ½ – 2 tablespoons
Heat half oil and stir fry the onions for few minutes. Add Shan Daal Masala Mix and garlic.
Add lentils, tomato, soya leaves, green chilies and 6 cups of water. Boil on low heat until the daal is tender and smooth (about 30 minutes).
Heat the remaining ghee / oil and stir fry the curry leaves for few seconds and pour over the cooked lentil curry. Cover and cook on low heat for 15-20 minutes.
77-83 Chesterfield Road, Evington, Leicestershire, LE5 5LH0116 273 firstname.lastname@example.org
The words "PAK", "PAK FOODS" and our logos are a registered trademark of the PAK FOODS Group
Pak Foundation - Charity No: 1143601