Shan Biryani Mix helps you in preparing the traditional Biryani at home with the authentic taste and aroma for an ultimate food experience.
Prepare in : 30 mins
Cook in : 1 hour
- Meat on Bones 1 kg / 2.2 lbs small portions
- Rice, Basmati 3 ½ / 750g cups washed & soaked
- Onions 3 medium 250g, finely sliced
- Tomatoes 3 medium 250g, diced
- Cilantro/Fresh Coriander ½ cup chopped
- Mint Leaves ½ cup chopped
- Yogurt, Plain 1 cup/ 200g whipped
- Cooking Oil 1 cup / 175 ml
- Shan Biryani Mix 1 packet mix in ½ cup water
Heat oil and fry onions until golden. Add meat, Shan Biryani Mix and stir fry for 5 minutes. Add yogurt and water (Beef/Lamb 4 cups, Chicken 2 cups). Cover and cook on low heat until meat is tender.
Add tomatoes and stir fry on high heat until oil begins to separate from the gravy. Then keep aside.
Separately: In 15 cups / 3 liters of boiling water, stir in 3 tablespoons of Shan Salt and soaked rice. Boil rice until ¾ cooked. Remove and drain thoroughly.
Spread half rice in a pot and pour meat curry. Top with remaining rice. (Sprinkle a pinch of yellow food color if desired). Spread fresh coriander and mint leaves on the rice. Cover and cook on low heat until rice is tender (5-10 minutes). Mix before serving.
77-83 Chesterfield Road, Evington, Leicestershire, LE5 5LH0116 273 email@example.com
The words "PAK", "PAK FOODS" and our logos are a registered trademark of the PAK FOODS Group
Pak Foundation - Charity No: 1143601